Monday, August 1, 2011

Takbo para sa Puso (Photoblog)

Takbo Para Sa Puso is a run for a cause for our friend, classmate and sister in Christ, Zairra Engracia. She has a congenital rheumatic heart ailment but it doesn't keep her from doing what normal people can do. This event was organized by her SFC community in Sta. Mesa. Everyone rolled up their sleeves just to make this possible and the proceeds would be given for her operation's finances. I was really glad to be part of it as their Host together with my dear friend, Anthony. This one started with invites in almost all my Fb friends and not just only me, her friends and loved ones did the same.


(Photo c/o : Claudine Claudio)

Me, Pao and Ant went to Quezon Memorial Circle/ Peace Monument at around 4:30 am. Of course we need to study the program flow. There was a minor interruptions 'coz we couldn't find the exact assembly. Fortunately Pet called and fetch us from the Circle's fountain. Then we went to see almost all the runners and we're quite late so someone took over the hosting first. As the SFC's unit head approached me and Ant, she gave us the program proper and gave us about our spiel. She was asking us to give more energy in getting the participant's attention (  I think it's so me coz I'm an attention getter.hehe)


Program Proper

Then that's it. We went up to the approximately 1 1/2 feet tall stage, greeted the participants and organizers, gave to them the mechanics and encourage them to run as fast they can but reminded them of the following things. Basically, we have 2 groups of runners-5k and 3k. Most of my friends and sister, Pao registered for 3k run and I was kinda worried because some of them weren't there yet when we started the countdown for 5k run. On the otherhand, I was assure of one thing, that the one who would get the prize would be the most focus on the goal. So as we say the last 3 numbers, "3,2,1" Every 5k runners started the race.

After 15 minutes, I was glad to see my friends arriving then greeting us, registering on the booth and taking us picture as we acknowledged the events' sponsors.

Anthony and Me (Photo c/o: Claudine Claudio)

The time arrived for the 3k runners to assemble in front of the Starting/Finishing lane. I was glad that my co-host was very spontaneous and vibrant in articulating the mechanics too. Then after gathering every runner, we started the countdown and the runners rushed along the Circles' road. As they enjoyably or competitively run, me and Ant's mouths were also doing the same-yes, we unstoppably speak during the event until the 5k marathoner speedily finished the 1st place for roughly 20 minutes.

Anthony busily talks to people while me engages to project on the cam 
(Photo c/o: Claudine Claudio)


My friends together with their officemates
(Photo c/o: Christopher Montefrio)


Claudine seriously runs
We're not so much informed on how long did the 3k runner, 1st runner up run the race, but I couldn't imagine how my friends took made the race so fun-knowing them..haha

My friends at the finish line


Mr. Pogi, Anthony Valenzuela

Who would stop us from entertaining the people? Noone, except for some intermission numbers.


Thanks, Pocari sweat (ion-energy drink)

from left to rigth: Mon, Claude, Pao and Irene
upstage: me

Basically, picture taking won't cease us in spending quite moment together. I was cheered by them also. Then go back to work.:) The moment also arrived when Zairra gave her witty and quite sentimental message for everyone. I know that it was a gift of grace and miracle of serendipity that it became possible. After that, everyone gave and sang their praises and worship  to the Lord.


The reason why we had this event, Zairra Engracia


Mission accomplished


Time for wacky pose


Jump shot

After the event, we went to Mcdonalds and continue chatting beautiful memories and funny stories.
We're also praying that Zai's condition will be better and the mighty hands of the Lord touches her heart during the operation.

No comments:

Post a Comment