Monday, November 7, 2011

Umbrella

'Is it rainy outside?' I ask myself and would calmly look outside gate. I'm glad for I won't open my umbrella. So as I am readying myself to go outside, I feel the sunlight's strike on my skin. "Where's my umbrella?" I worriedly asked myself. I'm walking while I search for it in the deepest part of my bag. Voila! There it is.

I'm not used to going out without my umbrella. It's my shield against the sunlight or rain. I could also use it if someone intentionally do bad things to me. I have to get ready when to use it. I can relate it with my spiritual life. I'm reminded by these bible verses:

Psalm 27:1-3 -Jesus is the defense of our lives
The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the defense of my life; Whom shall I dread? When evildoers came upon me to devour my flesh, My adversaries and my enemies, they stumbled and fell. Though a host encamp against me, My heart will not fear; Though war arise against me, In spite of this I shall be confident.

1 Corinthians 10:12-13 - Temptation
Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall. No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, that you may be able to endure it.

No comments:

Post a Comment