The big day has come! After months of preparations, this is the day you will finally say your "I do's."
Here are some tips on how you can truly enjoy your wedding day.
1. Know what is important to you. Don't waste precious time and energy worrying about insignificant details. You have heard the saying "Don't sweat the small stuff." Now is the best time to heed it.
2. PLAN. After setting your priorities, planning is one of the best things you can do ahead of time. This will help you avoid panic and stress and allow you to just have a great time on your wedding day.
3. Make lists and more lists. List down the essentials and everything you want to be taken cared of. Make sure to check your lists from time to time to see what you have accomplished.
4. DELEGATE. You don't have to do everything. You can either get an efficient wedding coordinator or ask the help of your family and friends. Make sure that the assigned person is willing to be in charge. Nothing can be more meaningful than seeing how things beautifully unfold before your eyes.
5. Go to confession a week before your wedding. Do it together as a couple. It is good for the soul.
6. Take a vacation leave from work at least a week before the wedding. Inform your office ahead so you can plan the schedules and tasks you need to finish.
7. Plan your activities well especially the pre-wedding parties. Ideally, schedule your shower parties not later than 2 weeks before the wedding. Better if you can hold it a month or two before.
8. Pack your gifts ahead of time. You wouldn't want to do gift wrapping night before your wedding and ask your groom to run to the bookstore to buy ribbons.
9. Pack your things one week before. Prepare two boxes and label it- one for church materials, the other for reception materials.
10. If you're leaving a few days after the wedding for your honeymoon, buy things you need ahead of time and pack your bags a week before the wedding as well.
11. Plan out payments a week before. Have those ready in sealed envelopes and assign someone to be in-charge to give them to the vendors.
12. Schedule your spa session, manicure, and pedicure accordingly.
13. At least 2 days before, have a special dinner with your groom without talking about the wedding details.
14. If you really have some last minute errands, the night before the wedding, DROP IT! Let go of the non-essential items unless it is very, very important to you.
15. Don't stress yourself out with the seating plan.
16. Check in the hotel before the wedding, NOT the night before.
17. Night before, arrange the breakfast be brought to your room. Include lunch if you're having an afternoon/evening wedding.
18. On the night before your wedding, write a special letter for one another. Just scribble down your feelings at the moment. Arrange to have it brought to each other's rooms in the morning. Reading it is such a good way to start your special day. Keep it and re-read it in the years to come as a constant reminder of your wedding and the person you married.
19. On the day of your wedding, have a relaxing and enjoyable bath. Do this early so you won't need to rush.
20. As you walk down the aisle, focus your attention on your groom waiting by the altar. Don't think about the flowers not being what you envisioned, your seating plan not yet finalized, your late commentator, and whatever else. CHIN UP, SMILE! Take a pleasure in every step you make. Savor the moment.
21. The ceremony is the most essential part of the wedding. Pay special attention to the homily, on what you're officiating priest will share with you. Focus on your exchange of vows, rings, and arrhae. It's so heartwarming to do all these in front of the people you love.
22. In the reception, take time to mingle with your guests and enjoy their company. Most couples are so pre-occupied with the program sequence that they fail to recognize the people who attended. Remember, your guests took time off from their busy schedules to be there. Don't forget to thank them for coming and tell them how much you appreciated their presence. Tip: Keep your program brief so you would have more time with your guests.
23. SMILE. Your joy will surely show in the pictures and videos. Guests always remember a happy couple, not just your food, flowers, dress, etc.
24. RELAX. Try not to worry about the little details that didn't go as planned. This could turn into cherished moments later. Find humor in it.
25. ENJOY. After all, this is one of the best days of your life.
I love you future brides! ^_^ You all deserve the best! :)
From Thina <3