Friday, May 27, 2011

Let go of it

And we know that in all things God work for good
To those who love him and are called according
to his purpose.
(Romans 8:28)

What does letting go of your dream mean? You’re not letting go of the desire. You’re not letting go of the expectation. You’re letting go of your attachment to it.

For example, you pray, “Lord, this is what I desire. I need a house. I’ve been renting all these years. I believe you’re going to give me a house. I’m declaring that I’m going to have a house. And I’m going to act on it. I’m going to save money and try to learn more. But at the end of the day, Lord, I surrender my attachment to it, because whether or not it happens, I’m going to be a happy person.”

That’s what I mean by letting go.

Your happiness doesn’t rest on that event, or person, or the fulfillment of what you’ve been praying for.

Even if it doesn’t happen, you’re happy. God is with you and you have the greatest treasure. That’s what it means to “let go.”

One reason why we need to let go is that sometimes we outgrow our dreams.

There are dreams in your life that you think are important. But a few years from now, they will not be important anymore.

As you grow and mature, your dreams mature with you.

I have many dreams that didn’t come true because they were not connected to my soul. If your dreams are connected to your soul, they come with superb energy, passion and endurance.

I know some who wanted a jaguar and huge mansion. He got rich and he also met the Lord. Today, even if he could afford a jaguar and a mansion, he doesn’t buy them. He says, “I no longer desire them. I’ve come to know the Lord and now I want to fund the Kingdom of God.” His dreams have changed.

Let go and believe that the best is yet to come.

When you are aware of the wonderful things that are happening in your life and are grateful for them, guess what happens? You are ready to receive more miracles.

Friends, flex your muscles and be ready to work on your miracles.

(Source: Kerygma, January 2011 edition)

No comments:

Post a Comment